By enabling Stripe payments, you can use the service of Stripe to collect payments from your customers. A Pay Now button appears on your invoices, and your customers can pay you instantly. A customer can pay an invoice by credit/debit card.
An account at Stripe with the same e-mail address as your Billdu account will be created, and you will be prompted to add your company and bank details in order to settle the payments to your bank account. You can also use an already existing Stripe account.
If your Stripe account is not yet linked, you will see a line Link my bank account in the Payment options of your Business settings. You should finish your Stripe setup as soon as possible by entering all necessary company and bank details – the app will help you by pre-filling some details from your Billdu settings. It is essential to enter the information order to transfer the payment from Stripe to your bank account. You can also use and existing Stripe account if you already have one.
- First, enable the card payments under Settings – My businesses – Payment option – Stripe payments
- An account is created at Stripe with the e-mail address you used to log in to Billdu
- A window with necessary information about Stripe's payment condition and the link to our FAQs (just the first time) appears
- Click on Link my bank account
- You will be directed to Stripe’s signup page
- Click on Sign up to create a brand new account
- (or click on Sign up with Stripe to log in to your Stripe account if you already have one)
- Enter all necessary details. Billdu will help you by filling some details from your business settings
- After the Setup you can return to Billdu.
Make sure you enter your bank account correctly – this will be the account the online payments will be routed to. Your first payout is made 7-10 days after the first invoice payment. There is a flat fee for each card payment – visit Stripe’s website for more information
So now your Stripe account is linked to Billdu and all payments from your invoices are directed through Stripe to your bank account.
Please note that Billdu does not handle card payments on its own and in order to make it possible a “middle man” must be used. Stripe is such a third-party service that allows entrepreneurs and businesses to accept payments over the Internet.
If your client pays an invoice using the “Pay now” button you will be notified by Billdu. You will receive a push-message in the mobile app and the information will appear in the Notification center on the website as well.
The very first payout will take ca 7-10 business days to transfer, which is a necessary holding period for compliance with anti-money laundering regulations. Next payouts take 2 days for US and 7 days for European countries.
A flat fee (e.g. US 2.9%+30¢, UK 1.4%+20p, EU 1.4%+20c) for each successful payment per transaction applies, you may want to check current fees on Stripe’s website.
Important note: All payments are handled, managed, approved or declined by Stripe. Take a look to Stripe’s user guide for more details. There is a flat fee for each card payment – visit Stripe’s website for more information. In case you need help with setting up your Stripe account or more information about a specific payment please contact Stripe support https://support.stripe.com/