By enabling Card payments you can use the service of PayPal to collect payments from your customers. A Pay Now button appears on your invoices and your customers can pay you instantly. A customer can pay an invoice by credit/debit card or by PayPal, in some countries by iDeal or Sofort as well (depending on your local PayPal settings).
A business PayPal account is necessary in order to proceed. If you don't have one, you'll be prompted to create a business PayPal account during the setup. You should finish the PayPal setup as soon as possible by entering all necessary business and bank details. It's essential to enter the information to get the payment transferred from PayPal to your bank account.
- Navigate to Settings – My companies – Payment options – Card Payments
- Invoices - Card payments or Accept online payments
- Enter your PayPal business account email
That address is different from your regular PayPal email.
Note: After entering the email, the Pay Now button is already visible on your invoices and your customers can pay you by PayPal. Only a customer with a PayPal account can pay you by card.
- Click on Link PayPal with Billdu
- You will be redirected to PayPal - enter the email address one more time
- Sign up for a Business account at PayPal. Create a password and enter your business contact information. Once filled click on Agree and Continue
- A window "Tell us about your business" appears. Select your company type and enter the necessary business details. Some organization types also require some personal data. PayPal will display a window with all information at the end, confirm it with Continue
- Once finished, you'll see a green screen "Thanks for signing up" with a blue button "Go back to Billdu Ltd." - click on the blue button
(it's important not to close the windows but to click on the button)
- You'll be redirected back to Billdu. In the mobile app, you can now close the browser window
- It may be that you'll receive this message "Log in to your PayPal account to finish the setup. It may be necessary to confirm your PayPal email first. Afterward, link PayPal with Billdu again." This means you have received an email from PayPal, and you have to confirm the account creation. Confirm the PayPal email (or navigate at PayPal to More - Business Setup to get a new email message) and at Billdu click on Link PayPal with Billdu again. Enter your PayPal email and password, log in to already created a business PayPal account and when the green screen "Thanks for signing up" appears, click on the blue button "Go back to Billdu Ltd."
- Your PayPal account is now linked to Billdu and all payments of your Billdu invoices will appear in your PayPal account
Please note: When your client pays your invoice, the transaction itself is handled by PayPal. For more information about PayPal's fees visit their website.