Your invoices are sent by default by our server and are delivered as "YOUR COMPANY NAME <email@example.com>"
You can add attachments as big as 5MB to an e-mail message.
You can also send your e-mails from your own email address by enabling the SMTP settings. You will need to know your exact SMTP mail settings, contact your mail administrator or consult the documentation to your email client.
How to set up your own e-mail address:
- Navigate to Settings – Document Settings – E-mail settings
- As an E-mail sending method choose SMTP
- Enter your Login (mostly e-mail address), password, SMTP server address, port and security settings (SSL/TLS). Those information should be available in a user guide to your mail client. You can also contact your mail administrator in order to obtain those data.
- Click on Connection test to test if the connection is established. If everything's correct a green message SMTP test successful appears. Now your e-mail messages will be routed via your mail server and delivered from your own e-mail address
- If an error message appears during a test or when sending and email, forward it to your system admin or consult a user guide to your mail client. The error message is a reply from your mail server about the nature of the problem.
In order to use a Gmail account, enable the access to Less secure apps
Sometimes Gmail's SMTP doesn't accept a password, in this case create a new password for your Gmail account and update the SMTP settings in Billdu.
It may also be necessary to contact your system/mail administrator to enable an access for Billdu's mail server. We are using Amazon servers located in Ireland.