Your invoices are sent by default by our server and delivered as "YOUR COMPANY NAME <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
You can add attachments as big as 5MB to an email message.
You can also send your emails from your own email address by using the SMTP settings. You will need to know your exact SMTP mail settings, contact your mail administrator or consult the documentation to your email client.
How to set up your email address:
- Navigate to Settings – Document Settings – Email settings
- As an Email sending method choose SMTP
- Enter your Login (mostly email address), password, SMTP server address, port and security settings (SSL/TLS). That information should be available in a user guide to your mail client. You can also contact your mail administrator in order to obtain those data.
- Click on the Connection test to test if the connection was established successfully. If everything's correct, a green message 'SMTP test successful' appears. Now your email messages will be routed via your mail server and delivered from your email address
- If an error message appears during a test or when sending an email, forward it to your system admin or consult a user guide to your mail client. The error message is a reply from your mail server informing you about the nature of the problem.
To use a Gmail account, enable the access to Less secure apps
Sometimes Gmail's SMTP doesn't accept a password; in this case, create a new password for your Gmail account and update the SMTP settings in Billdu.
It may also be necessary to contact your system/mail administrator to enable access for Billdu's mail server. We are using Amazon servers located in Ireland.